Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra (KSO)/Gilmore Partner School
This year, Kalamazoo Country Day is very fortunate to have again been chosen as a KSO/Gilmore Partner School. This program, sponsored by the Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra and the Gilmore International Keyboard Festival, provides sequential musical experience for students and features our own "resident musician."
The program also:
- Links with other curricular areas
- Develops lifelong musical skills
- Supports the school music programs
- Presents age-appropriate activities and programs
- Uses both existing and new music programs provided by community arts organizations
The program of activities includes:
- A visit by a KSO musician to each classroom in a culminating activity that includes classroom, music and art learning
- Gilmore Pizzazz concerts at our school
- KSO ensemble performances at our school. This year we will hear a woodwind ensemble
- KSO youth and family concerts
- Teachers Night at the KSO and Gilmore Festival concerts
Parents are cordially invited to the classroom-culminating programs at each grade level. We look forward to the many events this year at KCDS as a KSO/Gilmore Partner School.
For more information, go to Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra Web site.
Ben Seltzer was a past guest musician.
He is the principal clarinetist with the KSO.